Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

4_18_Outing

We've finally had enough of a dry spell to clear up the creeks.

It's fun seeing what changes result from the Spring high waters. New smally hideouts on this stream.

The carp are marching up the creeks. I walked through some thick pools of quilback and redhorse. I should have spent more time fishing for these guys but I didn't have much time to fish and I wanted to scope out the rest of my stream. I stood on a big slab of limestone with water 1 ft deep and pretty good current while a school of carp marched single file right under my nose. I should have taken out my phone and shot some video, it was pretty cool.
Took a couple smallies from this sharp bend, on the rocks. The bite is very subtle this time of year. Lots of short strikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment