Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Scouting

I took Junior out to do a little scouting and some fishing for the Wisco trout opener. I only had a couple of hours and decided the time would best be spent investigating a couple of streams close to the house.
I found some real nice looking water. The substrate was mostly sand (like most of the rivers North of the La Crosse river) but this section had a bunch of habitat work and I moved some fish out from under the lunkers, but not many.
Look at these badasses.

This was an interesting stretch of river. It was impossible to fish with Jr. on by back because of the alders and elderberry lining streambank. But it had tons of aquatic veg and I'm willing to bet some brookies too. I'll have to get back here again someday.
-Looking forward to a weekend trip to Grant County!


No comments:

Post a Comment