Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Seven Specs


I thought I'd put some specs on the board. In part, to give Nate a feeling of urgency as he heads to MN for his family vacation. I had the crappie and Green Sunfish in my back pocket as I knew I could catch these guys at will. Just needed to trail a nymph under my popper. I likely caught 40 bluegill last night before I took the Green Sunny that I was looking for. Trailing a nymph under a popper is very effective -- if you want to catch a ton of small fish. The commotion of the popper attracts fish and the nymph is too much to resist for any panfish.

John-7, LM, SM, Bluegill, Quillback, Bullhead, Green Sunfish, Crappie.

A couple species I'm looking forward to - Carp, Wiper, White bass. It's gonna take double digits to win the warmwater fly provocation.

Rotten

No comments:

Post a Comment