Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bullhead takes fly, Cat takes bullhead


Every summer for the past 11 years my brothers, dad, and a few friends go catfishing on the Elkhorn river. The past 3-4 years we've been fishing with bullheads as bait. 5-7" bullheads are great for catching big cats. They stay on the hook and lively until they get hammered. I brought the fly rod this year knowing I could get an easy species on the board. Once I got my 1-bullhead on a SanJuan worm I added crawler to my hook, much faster. This is a lame way to add a species in this contest, but I'm taking it.

We forgot to weigh these 4 cats in the picture. I'd guess 5lb average. This was the 1st night's catch. The 2nd night a couple of the boys pulled in a 10lber and 15lber.

John-5, LM, SM, Bluegill, Quillback, Bullhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment