Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Sunny Saturday in Minnesota

I spent a blue bird day in SE Minnesota with Dan. We worked our way over a lot of water and found a few takers. This was a new stream for me. Every time I fish a new driftless stream, I am surprised at how they all seem to be the same and yet very different. This one was pretty cool. Over the course of a few miles it went from one of the tiniest streams in the driftless to one of the largest. The best fishing was in the small parts.
Battle Scar

A nice fish from the far bank

Rock Wall. In case you were wondering if this was indeed the driftless.

2 comments:

  1. Nate
    Absolute stunning brown trout on what pattern? The stream you were fishing is more stunning, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those were both caught on nymphs, just before a Hendrickson hatch. Prolly pt's.

    ReplyDelete