Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Instinctively Crazy

I've grown an affinity for rubber legged buggers. The movement gets em. I'm thinking the rubber legs are particularly helpful in slow water. Whereas a standard bugger in slow water will have less action. I've got a pending post featuring the 'Driftless Ugly Bug'.

Andy and I managed a quick small stream outing this week. Hit the water around 9:00a.m. and didn't catch more than a couple chubs before noon. Then something shifted, perhaps just our luck. The browns decided to act like pre-spawn fall browns. Instinctively Crazy.



2 comments:

  1. Nice trout! Looking forward to see the "Driftless Ugly Bug" shortly.
    My best,
    M.O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some slob browns you got there, ive gotta start adding some rubber bugger legs to the fly box

    ReplyDelete