Some good tips for chucking poppers for bass from they guys at G&G.
Gink & Gasoline's Fly Fishing Bass: 5 Tips for Fishing Frog Patterns Around Grass
I'm throwing out a bonus 5 tips from Currents.
1. Fish poppers in the rain. This is my #1 because I love fishing poppers in the rain. The rain brings the bucket mouths to the water's edge. The big boys often leave the shallows in the bright daylight hours. The rain gives them a sense of security to move shallow and feed.
2. Mix up the popping. Sometimes a hard smack and a long pause can be irresistible, and sometimes you want to chuga-chug that popper.
3. Throw a smaller popper. Size does matter. Try to match the meat.
4. Fish em early and late in the day. Chow time.
5. Fish the cover. They G&G guys with specifics on poppers around grass.